In the event that you become ineligible to redeem MoneySmart rewards, it means that you did not fulfil all the terms and conditions for the promotion that you participated in.
Kindly read through the terms and conditions carefully to ensure that you are able to tick all the eligibility requirements.
Here are some of the most common reasons for ineligibility:
- The applicant is not a new-to-card customer. This means that you already have the exact credit card being offered in the promotion. To enjoy MoneySmart rewards, you should not have applied for the card within the last 12 months.
- The reference number is not valid. This means that you did not apply through the MoneySmart website. To be eligible, you should click on “Apply Now” or “Buy Now” on the MoneySmart website to be able to generate a valid reference number tagged to MoneySmart.
- The applicant is a U.S. citizen. MoneySmart promotions are only applicable to Singapore citizens, permanent residents and foreigners, except for U.S. citizens, U.S. residents and Green Card holders
- The applicant failed to submit the claim form within the qualifying period. Applicants must always submit the claim form before the qualifying period ends.
- The applicant received approval after the qualifying period. When it comes to credit card promotions, applicants must receive approval by the approval date stated in the terms and conditions.