Our Citibank promotions have recently move to a approval to a spend requirement (since the 15th of June). As such, there is a need for you to spend on your card for you to be eligible for the MoneySmart gifts.
The definition of spend that is provided by Citibank is:
Make 1 transaction as defined by “Qualifying Spend” within a 60 day period from the account being open.
- "Qualifying Spend " refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from (i) any Equal Payment Plan (EPP) purchases, (ii) refunded/disputed/unauthorised/fraudulent retail purchases, (iii) Quick Cash and other instalment loans, (iv) Citi PayLite/Citi Flexibill/cash advance/quasi-cash transactions/balance transfers/annual card membership fees/interest/goods and services taxes, (v) bill payments made using the Eligible Card as a source of funds, (vi) late payment fees and (vii) any other form of service/ miscellaneous fee.
Here is the layman definition: A qualifying spend is any retail transactions, except for :
- Equal Payment Plans
- Any fraudulent transactions, transactions that are refunded
- Payment for instalments loans
- Quasi-cash transaction (for example, topping up an e-payment (eg. Grabpay) wallet)
- Bills, annual fee, late payment fees
Citibank has the ultimate say in what is considered a qualifying spend, MoneySmart does not have the power to overrule them.
So here's our advice: Spend it on food! (McDonald's, KFC, etc) . That can't go wrong.
We hope this helps!